[lbo-talk] Govt awards mother for reproducing for fatherland

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 19:34:21 PDT 2004

Creepy.

=======================================

Mom With 14 Kids, One on the Way, Honored Wed Apr 7, 5:31 PM ET

By CARYN ROUSSEAU, Associated Press Writer

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - With her 14 children in tow and pregnant with her 15th, Michelle Duggar waddled into Arkansas' Capitol on Wednesday to accept the state's Young Mother award.

Duggar, 37, who home schools her children and is helping to build a new home from the ground up, started having her babies when she was 21, four years after she married former state Rep. Jim Bob Duggar.

"We're letting the Lord give us the gifts that he wants to give us and I'm open to more gifts," she said. "I'll take them one at a time or two at a time."

[...]

"We were using birth-control pills," Jim Bob Duggar said. "Then we ended up giving this area of our life to God."

[...]

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=817&e=13&u=/ap/fifteen_kids