[lbo-talk] Govt awards mother for reproducing for fatherland

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Mon Apr 12 19:47:32 PDT 2004

On Monday, April 12, 2004, at 10:34 PM, B. wrote:

> Creepy.

Oh, you just don't know the half of it. If you can find a picture of the family, all dressed alike--well, anyway, he's the wingnut who ran against Tim (Asa's brother) Hutchinson for the Republican nomination to the Senate in 2002. He made a pretty good showing against Tim, who'd alienated the family values crowd by dumping his wife of twenty-something years for a twenty-something youngster, but not nearly enough to win. It was like the 1980 election in reverse, where a hog farmer whose name escapes me right now (Monroe Schwartzlose maybe?) ran against Clinton for governor and got thirty percent of the vote, showing Clinton to be vulnerable in the general election--as was Hutchinson, who lost.

Come on down to Arkansaw sometime and I'll point out the Duggar home to you. It's not quite as picturesque as the sheriff's house with the two red Corvettes out front (just an honest working man who got elected to public office and dealt real estate on the side, y'know), but it's worth seeing.

All the best,

John A