[lbo-talk] Kerry Heckled for Opposing Withdrawal of US Troops

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 16 08:51:46 PDT 2004

>From: Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu>
>
>I think there is plenty room between indefinite occupation as bunker
>head hardliners want, and immediate pullout as pie-in-the-sky peaceniks
>suggest. An orderly transfer of power to a legitimate Iraqi authority
>(rather than a US puppet), perhaps under the auspices of an
>international body (UN? Arab League?) would be a preferred option in my
>book.

Hmm, why isn't your option just as sky-high-pie in terms of reality, Wojtek?

Where is this "legitimate" Iraqi authority supposed to come from? How is this "orderly" transfer of power supposed to take place? And I can never understand what incentive there is for a multilateral force to volunteer to replace the US and get *its* ass shot off instead. I think you need to check your realpolitik meter.

Carl