[lbo-talk] A Calculated Provocation

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Fri Apr 16 14:51:46 PDT 2004

On Friday, April 16, 2004, at 04:06 PM, Doug Henwood quoted Reuters quoting Blair:

>> Blair said that if Israel follows through on its proposal, "the
>> concept of a viable Palestinian state becomes a real possibility; not
>> something that's put in a document and talked about or discussed in
>> resolutions or speeches, but actually is a real, live possibility."

When has Israel ever followed through with any proposal? Why do people like Blair and Shrub constantly say, "If such and such happens, there is a real possibility that the world capitalist system will bring peace, happiness, prosperity, and glory to the entire human race"?

The amount of effort the pundits are putting these days into trying to convince us that this Sharon plan crap is a major step forward is amazing. And I hope everyone caught what Gen. Meyers said -- the increasing attacks on the US and allies in Iraq just proves how successful they have been, because it means that there is more success to be attacked. I suppose that means that, the more successful they are, the more fighting they will do. Lovely success that is!

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax