[lbo-talk] Bush's approval rating falls among college students

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Fri Apr 16 21:30:19 PDT 2004

Doug Henwood crossposted:

> Chronicle of Higher Education - web daily - April 16, 2004
>
> More Students Plan to Vote in Presidential Election and Fewer Approve
> of Bush, Poll Finds
> By ELIZABETH F. FARRELL
>
> "The war has affected the lives of young people and could likely have
> more of an effect on them," said Mr. Glickman. "That wasn't the case
> a few months ago."

I was with a friend at this restaurant, waiting to pay our bill, when this teenage-looking kid was talking up his girlfriend behind the counter. Just the usual sort of thing you see a zillion times a day -- but then his face changed. I suddenly realized he was telling her in low tones about how he had to report to base for National Guard duty. His unit was shipping out to you-know-where.

$auron's Terror War is hitting home.

-- DRR