[lbo-talk] A Calculated Provocation

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat Apr 17 06:34:38 PDT 2004

> "A few have complained of the 'cold-blodedness' and 'insensitivity'
> embodied, not in the vocations pursued by the latter group, but in
> describing their attitudes/conduct ashaving been in any way analogous to
> Eichmann's. Left unstated, however, is the more accurate term we should
> employ in characterizing a representative 30-year-old foreign exchange
> trader who, in full knowledge that every cent of his lavish commissions
> derived from the starving flesh of defenseless Others, literally
> wallowed in self-indulgent excess, playing the big shot, priding himself
> on being 'a sharp dresser' and the fact that 'money spilled from his
> pockets...flowed like crazy...[spent] on the black BMW and those
> clothes--forgetting to pack ski clothes for a Lake Tahoe trip, dropping
> $1,000 on new stuff," and so on. As a 'cool guy' with a 'warm heart'? A
> 'good family man'? Just an 'ordinary,' 'average' or 'normal' fellow who
> 'happened to strike it rich'? How are we to describe Eichmann himself?"
>
> (page 19, On the Justice of Roosting Chickens, Ward Churchill)
>

> Chuck0

How is this all that different from what Zerzan apparently wrote? And is Churchill writing about someone specifically, or is this a stereotype that he cooked up so to insulate himself from the horror of that day?

Chuck, this is shitty analysis of Empire and capitalism, a visceral endorsement of theocratic mass murder at a Gold Key comics level. And the Eichmann ref is just gratuitous.

DP