[lbo-talk] A Vote for Kerry is a Vote for War

Brad Mayer Bradley.Mayer at Sun.COM
Sat Apr 17 22:20:05 PDT 2004

With this position, it is no longer a question of 'lesser evilism' - indeed, by representing more competent leadership for U.S. imperialism, Kerry could be seen as a 'greater evil' as he will have greater success in garnering allied support, escalating the war, and so forth.

This election looks more and more like 1964 every day. Remember "crazy" Goldwater?

How any leftist can vote for this warmonger and his bloody promises, with a clear conscience, is beyond me.

'A Strategy For Iraq', Washington Post, 04/13

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6753-2004Apr12.html

"While we may have differed on how we went to war, Americans of all political persuasions are united in our determination to succeed. The extremists attacking our forces should know they will not succeed in dividing America, or in sapping American resolve, or in forcing the premature withdrawal of U.S. troops. Our country is committed to help the Iraqis build a stable, peaceful and pluralistic society. No matter who is elected president in November, we will persevere in that mission. "

All the favorite lies of the American ruling class: All Americans are united, the rebellion consists of extremists, we're on a mission to spread the good life..

And then there is Kerry's own personal lie, where he lets on that "we may have differed". But of course "we", that is Kerry, didn't differ on launching this war.

The guy's already lying like crazy, and he isn't even President yet.

"...we must make full use of the assets we have. If our military commanders request more troops, we should deploy them."

Translation: Escalate!

"We also need to renew our effort to attract international support in the form of boots on the ground to create a climate of security in Iraq. We need more troops and more people who can train Iraqi troops and assist Iraqi police."

"We should urge NATO to create a new out-of-area operation for Iraq under the lead of a U.S. commander. This would help us obtain more troops from major powers."

Find bulletcatchers other than Americans - the brunt of Iraqi and Arab anger and hatred should be shared by all imperialist countries. Occupation must be a collective imperialist enterprise. How "progressive" and "advanced" Kerry's thinking is compared to the go-it-alone Bush! But this sort of thinking is definitly a _greater_ evil.

"Finally, we must level with our citizens. Increasingly, the American people are confused about our goals in Iraq, particularly why we are going it almost alone. The president must rally the country around a clear and credible goal."

And that goal is (besides killing lots of Arabs)?

"We owe it to our soldiers and Marines to use absolutely every tool we can muster to help them succeed in their mission without exposing them to unnecessary risk. That is not a partisan proposal. It is a matter of national honor and trust."

Absolutely! Kill 'em all if necessary!