[lbo-talk] A Vote for Kerry is a Vote for War

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Sun Apr 18 11:09:24 PDT 2004

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Brad Mayer wrote:
>
> >How any leftist can vote for this warmonger and his bloody promises,
> >with a clear conscience, is beyond me.
>
> So, for the hundredth time, what's your strategy, big guy?
>
> Doug

This is a useful thought exercise. At this point, if the LBO cabal had complete control of the U. S. government and was able to dictate foreign policy, what would we do about Iraq? Escalating the war, regardless of the Bush/Kerry intent, creates anti-American sentiment and foments support for terrorist groups like al-Qaeda. Complete withdrawal of U. S. troops at this point is tantamount to ceding control of the country to another brutal dictator or religious junta.

I know there must be another alternative (UN swoops in and somehow saves the day), but right now I'm fucking stumped.

Miles