[lbo-talk] Aspect ofIndia'sEconReport:TheRealStateofIndia'sEconomy

Grant Lee grantlee at iinet.net.au
Tue Apr 20 18:37:45 PDT 2004

> The EU and East Asia are vastly more civilized than the US. By that, I
> mean they don't routinely bomb, blast and slaughter Third World countries,
> underwrite thugs to topple regional developmental states,

Reporter (to Mahatma Gandhi): "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of Western Civilization?"

Gandhi: "I think it would be a good idea."

These days Europeans and Asians don't usually do those things from the lead position, that's for sure... Or they get Third Worlders to do it for them.

I'm assuming you can't be completely ignorant of the blood-steeped histories of 19th and 20th C. imperialism(?) How exactly do you think that states go about dominating other peoples?

Grant.