[lbo-talk] WMNF

snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Apr 21 12:34:57 PDT 2004

is doing a fabulicious radio show right now. Vietnam war era music, most of it addressing soldiers in the service, their families, getting out of the war, and the experience of returning home

(e.g, Freda Payne's Bring the Boys Home)

Lotsa soul and funk, interspersed with the PSAs the military used to send to the boys and their loved ones.

"Take care of your weapon and it will take care of you!"

It IS a really good community radio station. J. No Onan was complaining about public radio and, seriously, I didn't get it because WMNF is just not at all what what the rest of you deal with. I don't remember CNY public radio being like that either.

Anyway, it's good stuff.

Kelley