[lbo-talk] New Yorkers

Maria Gilmore mgilmore at highstream.net
Sat Apr 24 15:47:57 PDT 2004

> Dumbest bumper sticker spotted around here:
>
> "If Mary had been pro-choice there wouldn't be any Christmas."
>
> Chuck0

It should be, "If Mary didn't want to have a baby just then and so she got a safe, affordable abortion, there wouldn't be any Xmas. But since she was married, and apparently (even tho we are not sure) wanted a child at the time, why the fuck even bring it up?"

I really resent the implication in the first statement that being pro-choice = never wanting children, or hating them.

Maria