[lbo-talk] Lockdown NYC

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Apr 26 08:28:35 PDT 2004

Nathan Newman wrote:

> [...]

More nonsense. Anarchists are the most demoratic of political tendencies and have a solid record of working openly and democratically with other groups. If democratic processes are so important to people here, perhaps you should dicuss the anti-democratic process of ANSWER, which makes huge decisions for the anti-war movement without input from that movement. It does so without any accountability. Or take the AFL-CIO, which unilaterally decided in Miami to make agreements with the police over the objections of other activists. While anarchists have justifiable reasons for doing a few things in secret, we are more democratic, transparent, and open than other activists.

Chuck0