[lbo-talk] Muslims, Christians clash in Indonesia; 2 killed

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Mon Apr 26 20:41:23 PDT 2004

On Monday, April 26, 2004, at 08:44 PM, uvj at vsnl.com wrote:

> HindustanTimes.com
>
> Sunday, April 25, 2004
>
> Muslims, Christians clash in Indonesia; 2 killed

This article makes it sound as though it is a purely religious clash, but I wonder if there are fundamental economic or other non-religious issues involved, as we have seen in other parts of the world where "religious" conflicts have occurred?

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A gentleman haranguing on the perfection of our law, and that it was equally open to the poor and the rich, was answered by another, 'So is the London Tavern.' -- "Tom Paine's Jests..." (1794); also attr. to John Horne Tooke (1736-1812) by Hazlitt