[lbo-talk] in Geras' black and white world, is this guy a terrorist?

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Wed Apr 28 19:38:33 PDT 2004

On Wednesday, April 28, 2004, at 02:40 PM, Stephen E Philion wrote:

> But if one wants independence from the US and its military
> base/privatization run amuk scheme for liberation...there's really only
> one way to go to push things forward as far as I can see at this point.
> The Americans have been pretty clear that they have little regard for
> the people they are occupying, not that that is anything new in the
> history of occupiers in colonial outposts...but in this case they seem
> to go out of their way to show how much either ignorance about and/or
> disdain they have for the natives...

Why not resist the occupation forces by non-cooperation? There seems to be quite a bit of that going on as it is, but if, say 90%, of Iraqis just stopped cooperating with the "coalition authority," how long could the latter stay? They would either have to leave or destroy the whole country (which it seems they are bent on doing as it is).

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ Belinda: Ay, but you know we must return good for evil. Lady Brute: That may be a mistake in the translation.

-- Sir John Vanbrugh: The Provok’d Wife (1697), I.i.