[lbo-talk] RE: Sinclair stations won't run "Nightline" tribute

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 29 10:49:37 PDT 2004

>Sinclair General Counsel Barry Faber tells the site: "We find it to
>be contrary to the public interest."

Well, if the public interest is defined as making sure that people have no idea what the real human impact of war is, he's absolutely correct.

>While the Sinclair Broadcast Group honors the memory of the brave
>members of the military who have sacrificed their lives in the
>service of our country,

As long as they're undifferentiated numbers of dead without names, that arrive in coffins the dark of night, isolated from family, friends and the people they nominally made the sacrifice for that is.

Hard to tell if Orwell is in a grave somewhere spinning, laughing, or puking.

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon