[lbo-talk] happy days are here again!

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Apr 29 13:42:22 PDT 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:

> At 6:07 PM +0000 4/29/04, CBS MarketWatch Alerts wrote:
>
>> Breaking News Bulletin: Google files for $2.7 billion IPO
>> http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/newsfinder/default.asp?siteid=mktw&dist=bnb

The bubble is back! I'm just waiting for the day that Google replicates the absurdity of Priceline.com being valued more than some airline companies.

This IPO will set a record for poor suckers being seperated from their money. These losers will be totally unaware of how fickle Internet users have been historically towards search engines. Remember when Northern Light was the hot search engine? Or Alta Vista?

I suspect that the folks at Microsoft are laughing their asses off right now. My money is on Microsoft launching a new search service by the end of the year that will blow up Google.

Chuck0