[lbo-talk] perot vs nader

snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Apr 30 16:42:31 PDT 2004

At 06:35 PM 4/30/2004, Doug Henwood wrote:

>Howzzat? Would a series of editorials in The Nation added a few percentage
>points to his vote? That sounds like John Halle's delusional claims.
>
>Doug

Gore lost because of Gore, but Nader came in at 2.74% because of...well, anything but Nader.

FRank Scott wrote:

>"John Anderson pulled in 3% of the black vote in 1980. Who was around
>forthat race? Did he have a big war chest?"
>
>plenty, compared to the real alternative candidate...

The question was: compared to Nader, did Anderson have a bigger war chest.

Anyone around at the time that could give us decent numbers?

>he was part of the
>debates, was officially dubbed "reasonable", and barry commoner was the
>left-out leftist of that time...

really? although I wasn't able to vote yet, I remember hearing about Commoner in my yoot.

Kelley