[lbo-talk] "I Had an Abortion"

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Aug 1 17:35:12 PDT 2004

At 03:40 PM 8/1/2004, joanna bujes wrote:
>NO. A foetus is not a polyp.

I think you're now insisting that there be one way to feel about abortion. It's not ok for Carrol and Yoshie to conceive this way. Thus, you want to delimit the acceptable range of opinion on the topic. It's really none of your business and, if they want to wear tee-shirts that express such sentiments, it's not your business either. Don't like abortion? Don't have one. Don't like the tee shirt? Don't wear one. They want to make room for being allowed to feel that way to begin with. Instead, what they are treated to is moral repulsion.

Yoshie, Carrol, and others do not share your religious world view--and both you and DP believe in some sort of greater spirituality or something. You shouldn't expect others to believe in it and, in turn, insist that they view fetuses as undead babies to be mourned or agonized over or treated as something more than polyps. Nor should they be told that their position isn't moral. It is moral.

> It IS a moral decision allbeit one that a woman must make.
>
>Your position and Yoshie's on this issue is simply repulsive to me.

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'