[lbo-talk] hypocrites in high places

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Aug 3 07:43:27 PDT 2004

New York Post [Page Six] - August 3, 2004

JUST ASKING

WHICH congressman recently voted for the Marriage Protection Act, which prohibits same-sex marriages, even though his sister is a lesbian "married" to another woman - and the lovers even have kids. "We wonder why he has one of the most anti-gay voting records in congress," fumed one gay activist. The lawmaker is ducking phone calls about his sister, even though his family has accepted her homosexuality. Their mother "even joined his sister in the annual Gay Pride event," said our source.