[lbo-talk] Re: 71% Approval Rating

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Aug 4 22:19:11 PDT 2004

B. wrote:

> Perhaps we should follow you around, wherever you
> happen to be living at any moment, since that's where
> it always seems like activists "should be"? Seems like
> when you were in DC, it was important to be there,
> too, because it was the center of US power, inside
> the beltway near the country's chief decision-makers,
> close to the IMF, etc. A lot of us in other places
> have important stuff going on, too.

That's funny, I have no recollection of arguing anything along those lines. I seem to remember being fairly outspoken about a need for people to stop coming to D.C. for every fucking symbolic protest and instead do more organizing and rabble-rousing locally. People outside of Washington, DC write off protests in DC (when they make the news) as being a standard feature of what happens in Washington, DC on a regular basis.

Chuck0