[lbo-talk] CIA calls in Hollywood Screenwriters and Sci Fi Authors

Kamal S. southakj at mpowernet.com
Thu Aug 5 11:27:54 PDT 2004

This is actually nothing new, back in WW II the OSS or Naval intelligence (I can't remember which) used to let Robert Heinlein set up kitchen table brainstorming sessnions with other Science Fiction authors hashing out scenarios. People like Asemov and Jack Parsons and L.R. Hubbard are said that have attended. Correct me if I'm wrong.

click here for the rest of the story; http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=857&ncid=757&e=10&u=/nm/20040805/od_uk_nm/oukoe_security_cia

CIA checking if life imitates art Wed Aug 4, 8:20 PM ET By Tabassum Zakaria

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - When the plot thickens, the CIA (news - web sites) calls in the professionals -- Hollywood screenwriters.

Addressing what the September 11 commission said was one of the main failures of government -- imagination -- a senior CIA official said on Wednesday the spy agency was willing to "push beyond the traditional boundaries of intelligence".

"We had our terrorism and counternarcotics analysts meet with Hollywood directors, screenwriters and producers. People who are known for developing the summer blockbusters or the hit TV show that often have a terrorism theme," said Jami Miscik, CIA's deputy director for intelligence...

(long url snipped thrice, just cut-paste the whole thing together. http://story.news.yahoo.com/ news?tmpl=story&cid=857&ncid=757&e=10&u=/nm/20040805/ od_uk_nm/oukoe_security_cia

-- "It is far better to live like a lion for a day then to live like a jackal for hundred years."

Initium - http://www.kali-yuga.org/

(Updates Coming Soon)

southakj at mpowernet.com