[lbo-talk] The Importance of Disenfranchising Nader/Camejo Voters

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Tue Aug 10 14:39:13 PDT 2004

> OK, Bush is a twat, no question about that. But so is Kerry.

The situation is much more extreme than this. The US petro-fundamentalists are a gangster faction which has seized control of a dying Empire. The question is, does the Empire implode in an apocalyptic burst of militarism, aggression and horror, or does it melt away, like Tolkien's Ring. I don't exaggerate; the US imports 450 billion EUR of capital every year, just to keep itself afloat, and its net international investment position will hit somewhere around -30% of GDP this year. This is not sustainable, and as Herb Stein liked to say, unsustainable things eventually stop.

>From the standpoint of geopolitics, it's necessary to repudiate the
oiligarchy right here, right now.

-- DRR