[lbo-talk] The Importance of Disenfranchising Nader/Camejo Voters

Samuel Fassbinder senorefe at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 14:54:47 PDT 2004

--- Dennis Redmond <dredmond at efn.org> wrote:

> The situation is much more extreme than this. The US
> petro-fundamentalists
> are a gangster faction which has seized control of a
> dying Empire. The
> question is, does the Empire implode in an
> apocalyptic burst of
> militarism, aggression and horror, or does it melt
> away, like Tolkien's
> Ring.

SDF: Two points:

1) Tolkien's ring didn't just "melt away" -- it had to be carried to the furnaces of Mount Doom, where it fell in by accident. And Sauron had to be distracted to make that possible. What we should be wondering is if, by virtue of MASSIVE human effort, grace will permit a similar fate to occur to us.

2) We should be wondering about when the drawdown in US spending capabilities is likely to occur regardless of who is elected President. Both Kerry and Bush are going to try to fight the drawdown by soaking the poor to keep the military boondoggle going -- so let's not try to pretend that we will make a difference by voting Kerry. Instead, we need to coalesce into a campaign to get what we want from politics.

> >From the standpoint of geopolitics, it's necessary
> to repudiate the
> oiligarchy right here, right now.

SDF: I ain't votin' for Bush, no way.