[lbo-talk] Democracy and Constitutional Rights

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri Aug 13 13:50:51 PDT 2004

From: Chris Doss

That's true. Not true of earlier slavery, like in the Roman Empire. They were pretty honest back in those days. :)

^^^^ CB: Not to lessen the Nazis'crimes, ( or quibble :>) ) but it sort of pops into my head that the Romans had fantasies about human relations too: Mount Olympus interceded often. The Aeneid is pretty fanciful. Augustus declared himself a God and all that.

Perhaps we can say the Nazis should have known better ?