[lbo-talk] State of the US Left

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Fri Aug 13 16:36:00 PDT 2004

> And as for intellectuals talking politics or theory to one another,

I'm not talking about talking. I'm talking about the proletarian resistance to M-C-M', the theory-praxis-history-theory circuit - how theorists interact with activists who interact with events who interact with theory who interact with activists, etc. There seem to be spaces in the rest of the world where that interaction is happening. Why isn't this happening in the US? Or is it just the legacy of a century of Empire, hardwired into this culture? (I genuinely don't have answers to these questions.)

-- DRR