[lbo-talk] State of the US Left

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Sat Aug 14 17:08:24 PDT 2004

Joel Wendland wrote:

> I think it is happening here.

What are some examples? I see lots of good things on the local level, which aren't translating into larger movements, but I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

> Workers are struggling with capitalists daily. The working class
> intellectuals described by people like Gramsci, Freire, Mariategui, and
> others exist.

Haven't things changed a bit since the arrival of multinational capitalism? Freire's work is powerfully relevant in my own field - education - but the division of labor, the structure of accumulation, and many other things have changed dramatically, haven't they?

-- DRR