[lbo-talk] erectile dysfunction and enlightenment

BrownBingb at aol.com BrownBingb at aol.com
Sun Aug 15 14:12:35 PDT 2004

From: martin <mschiller at pobox.com>

I think that it indicated the breadth of the problem, and that's enlightening. And I don't see why a problem that's widespread now would have been any less so in an earlier age, so perhaps the buddha might have been affected. And perhaps there is a relationship between celibacy/disfunction and wisdom/enlightenment that bears further examination, cause notwithstanding.

Perhaps, though, you mean something different when using the term 'enlightenment'.

Martin

^^^^^^ CB: In the interest of full disclosure , I must say that I was sort of cracking up at this line of the thread. Though, I wasn't making any particularly ambiguous use of "enlightenment" in that chuckling.

Getting a bit more serious, emphasizing the relationship between celibacy and enlightenment does make me suspicious about somebody maybee making a virtue ( supreme virtue) out of the loss or diminution of their erectile function. Maybe finding yourself means masturbation ? "Oh , yea, there I was all the time, right beneath my navel " (Sorry :>) )