[lbo-talk] Go Out And Make Me Do It (Was: The Importance ofDisenfranchising Nader/Camejo Voters)

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Mon Aug 16 19:03:27 PDT 2004

> For all I get portrayed as a Dem-Clinton apologist, I spent much of the
> 1990s organizing against him on many issues, from NAFTA to welfare reform,
> probably doing more actual organizing against Clinton than many of his
> bashers on this list.

Statements like this are why I occasionally despair for the US Left. Your individual contributions aren't the issue. The point is that the US political system is fundamentally broken, otherwise the oiligarchy would never have come to power in the first place. And activism isn't limited to the national electoral arena: culture, education, and multinational solidarity are just as important.

-- DRR