[lbo-talk] listmembers in the news

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Aug 20 08:45:21 PDT 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:

> <http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/20/nyregion/20protests.html?pagewanted=print&position=>
>

> Chuck Munson, a 39-year-old anarchist in Kansas who runs the anarchist
> site infoshop.org, said he has observed more young people, particularly
> those once drawn to the "do-it-yourself politics'' of the punk movement,
> drawn to anarchism after the first Persian Gulf war and the fall of the
> Soviet Union.
>
> After those events, "people saw the traditional radical left as not as
> relevant any more,'' he said. "I think it opened up interest in
> anarchism.''

Oh yeah. Guess I'll have to walk over to Hy-Vee and see if they have a copy of today's Times.

This article tried to explain anarchists but I still have some problems with it.

I'm not sure if this is my second or third appearance in the Times. I think I may have been quoted back when the anti-globalization protests were hot. My first appearance in the Times was an uncredited quote back in the 1990s about the Unabomber investigation which at that point was fumbling along.

Chuck