[lbo-talk] lawyers at work

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Aug 23 14:41:31 PDT 2004

<http://www.gawker.com/topic/manhattan-lawyers-masters-of-etiquette-020120.php>

Manhattan Lawyers, Masters Of Etiquette

Lawyers aren't often in pretty, glossy magazines, so we tend to forget they exist (unless they're calling us, of course). But then a nice little audio file comes our way and we're reminded that Manhattan lawyers are kind of like hungry rottweilers with expensive degrees. Take, for instance, a voice message left from an associate at legal behemoth Winston & Strawn for someone at uber-firm Latham & Watkins. The attorney (who, in case you were wondering, is a proud Notre Dame graduate) maintains an extremely professional demeanor in which he makes it clear that he doesn't "give a flying fuck" about several snarl-worthy legal issues. Charming -- he's probably single, ladies!

Warning: the following is an audio link, so if you don't want your cube-mates to hear the delightful sounds of rabid lawyers in heat, you might want to turn down your speakers.

UPDATE: We've been misinformed on the Notre Dame factor. The speaker did not go to Notre Dame, but rather mentions someone who did. Or so we've been told. It's hard to tell with these legal types, you know?

Lawyer MP3 <http://www.gawker.com/topic/lawyer.mp3>