[lbo-talk] RE: Only 10 more years of bloodshed to go for Iraqis, then freedom

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 23 13:38:24 PDT 2004

>A more optimistic view came from Colonel Dusty Rhoades, a Marine
>intelligence officer in Iraq.

>"If we can stay the course over here for another year or so, the
>insurgency will wear itself out. The US military is currently in a
>position where it is militarily impossible for us to lose, but only an
>Iraqi government can totally win."

"...the insurgency will wear itself out." In a year. Yeah, right. A well known phenomenon with insurgency movements in occupied territories in that part of the world, like, say, Chechnya and Afghanistan.

And what the hell kind of name is 'Dusty Rhoades'? Better than Naughtius Maximus and Biggus Dickus I s'pose. And it's just to easy to crack wise about 'Marine intelligence' after reading Jarhead.

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon