[lbo-talk] RE: lbo-talk Digest, Vol 8, Issue 186

Micheal micheale67 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 23 17:24:39 PDT 2004

For anyone who is wondering about Krugman's credentials, you can follow the link below and click on "about the authors." There is a listing of Krugman's "formal training" in economics among.

http://www.worthpublishers.com/krugmanwellsnew/main.htm

----------------------------- Then I get a chance to ask this: "Based on the advertisement in the papers for your book, the paper you write for claims you have fluency in economics. What are your credentials in economics?"

At first, P.K. is a little taken aback by this question. He hesitates, then blurts, "I've written a hundred papers on the subject. I have a background and education." The audience laughs and claps hysterically. P.K. does not claim to have a degree in economics. He does not claim any formal training in the subject.