[lbo-talk] Lew Hill on Pacifica

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Aug 24 16:24:30 PDT 2004

After the restoration of the old management at WBAI, program director Bernard White urged everyone to read Pacifica founder Lew Hill's 1951 essay on the theory of listener-sponsored radio <http://pacifica.org/about/lhtheory_1951.html>. His vision was quite rigorous and high culture, and a long way from the Pacifica of today. An excerpt: