[lbo-talk] Frogs and Scorpions

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Wed Aug 25 07:00:44 PDT 2004

On Aug 25, 2004, at 7:20 AM, DeborahSRogers wrote:

> I'd suggest
> that if they cut the nastiness, embrace Kerry as one of their own and
> muddy the already muddied waters even further between Dems and the
> GOP, then they'd have an excellent shot at moving this country
> towards their own brand of conservatism even more.

They might, if their aim was really to advance a particular political philosophy. But it looks to me as though their nature is just to be nasty, and whatever philosophy they have follows from that. In other words, they're the "bad cops" of American capitalism, and the Democrats are the "good cops."

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, 'You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk-dancing.' -- Sir Arnold Bax