[lbo-talk] Marc Cooper and the myths that vets make up aboutbeingspat on

John Costello joxn.costello at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 19:29:26 PDT 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:06:44 -0400, Luke Weiger <lweiger at umich.edu> wrote:
> Yeah, those two sound like they're full of shit. And you certainly wouldn't
> expect many spitting incidents for exactly the reasons you cite--but I still
> wouldn't be shocked if it happened occasionally (though the soldier would
> have to be walking through an anti-war rally or something of the sort--which
> I doubt very many did!).
>
> -- Luke

As I understand it, the primary documented cases of Vietnam War vets being spat on were VVAW vets at an anti-war rally. And the spitters were members of the VFW.

The "greatest generation" indeed.

-- John S Costello joxn.costello at gmail.com "Every other vice hath some pleasure annexed to it, or will admit of some excuse, but envy wants both." -- Robert Burton