[lbo-talk] Bush win - Major disaster for right?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Aug 27 12:05:39 PDT 2004

Marvin Gandall wrote:

> Ferguson and his fellow conservatives have their analogues on the left who
> think it might be better if Kerry lost because he is the more sophisticated
> "greater evil" who will be able to hold the Empire together and gull the
> progressives at home.

Speculations about the future are a mug's game, but this isn't the only (or main) reason Kerry might be a greater evil. Rather, his policies can't work, and his administration is going to be a disaster, and we will get a RP president in 2008 even worse than Bush. The next 4 years are probably going to be a disaster whichever candidate wins.

But that such speculations are pretty airy is the best reason for leftists not to attach themselves to the contest between RP & DP. We're not in Germany 1932. We are in the U.S. 1976.

Carrol