[lbo-talk] It's the IQ, stupid

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 27 18:21:36 PDT 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 20:16:51 -0400, Calvin Ostrum <calvin.ostrum at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Arthur Jensen

Ahem (!!!), "Intelligence, Race, and Genetics: Conversations with Arthur R. Jensen, " by Arthur Robert Jensen, Frank Miele. In the new book stacks at the SFPL. "Race: The Reality of Human Differences, " by Vincent Sarich and Frank Miele. Re: The latter I read very negative reviews. http://www.google.com/search?q=Race%3A+The+Reality+of+Human+Differences

Methinks Jensen is a racist fuckwad. Here I agree w/ the Progressive Labor Party/INCAR! http://www.plp.org/pamphlets/violinit.html >...More recent studies examine identical twins who have been separated very young. This movement got a big boost in the 1960s, when arch-racist William Shockley (of "genius sperm bank" fame) got Berkeley professor Arthur Jensen working on his 1969 Harvard Educational Review article. Jensen suggested that Head Start had failed (!) because the kids were just born dumb and that black/white differences in average IQ scores reflected inherited racial differences in intelligence. This let loose a torrent of racist propaganda, including Richard Herrnstein's claim that unemployment might run in the genes. It also provoked a storm of anti-racist protest, including the organization of the International Committee Against Racism (InCAR)

-- Michael Pugliese