[lbo-talk] It's the IQ, stupid

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Fri Aug 27 19:20:04 PDT 2004

Carrol Cox wrote:

> Damn it! Doesn't anyone read Gould?

> There is no such thing as "innate intelligence" or

> "innate unintelligence," and if there were, mocking

> it (regardless of the person's other qualities)

> would be just plain piggish, like mocking a cripple.

> This thread is far more stupid than Bush.

You're right that "innate" is racist bullshit (and that was one bone-dumb article too - Ronnie single-handedly won the Cold War, did he? liberated Buchenwald too). But that one unfortunate word aside - after all, no one claims Prescott and G.H.W. Sr. are the equivalent of the Kallikaks - still, stupidity, "the most powerful force in the universe," no matter how it comes into existence, is a solid-as-stone fact. Would you tolerate a mere student as clueless yet as arrogant as George W. Bush, on the grounds that a D or an F is "mocking a cripple"? I hate firing crew, but I'd _have_ to can a rodman so obnoxious and pinch-eyed stupid as him. Even if he were the boss's nephew. I've got work to do.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at ij.net