[lbo-talk] Michael Moore & the RNC

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Fri Aug 27 19:56:03 PDT 2004

> Michael, don't many of these countries also have a "respectible right"?

And there are weirdos in it in every country. They just get a lot less coverage. Most countries' news shows look like PBS. And nobody in this country watches them.

You can't get more respectable right in Italy than Berlosconi. He's been the overwhelming dominant force on the right ever since Tangentopoli. And he says extremely weird things. And his coalition partners are even weirder.

The main problem with America is not that we're the weirdest country in the world, but that we've got too much power to go with it. Too strong an executive and too strong a country.

But looked at up close, every country has its unbelievably weird bits.

Michael