[lbo-talk] Re: Klein vs. Gitlin vs. Cooper

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Fri Aug 27 21:15:12 PDT 2004

Those are not my words, nor do I agree with them.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org]On Behalf Of joanna bujes Sent: Friday, August 27, 2004 11:35 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Re: Klein vs. Gitlin vs. Cooper

Max wrote:

"Well, I couldn't have said it better, though I could have said it with a bit less cant. But the main point bears repeating: Nothing not even the U.S. Army more threatens the future of a democratic, pluralistic and (dare we wish, secular) Iraq than the political ascendancy of Islamic fascists like Al Sadr."

You've got to be kidding?.... The U.S. is better because we are bringing a democratic, pluralistic, secular future to Iraq? Like we did in Iran? Or Guatemala?

Joanna