[lbo-talk] Re: meat for 9/11 conspiracists]

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Aug 31 13:07:16 PDT 2004

Carrol Cox wrote:

>To put it another way, if I held in my hand absolute documentary proof
>that Bush & Co. had plotted 9/11, I would immediately burn that
>documentation.
>
>The exposure of the Watergate conspiracy was _one_ of the factors in the
>steady rout of the left after 1974.

Man, sometimes you're really weird. You'd suppress the truth in the interests of what? A revolution that's not even a twinkle in someone's eye?

And how was Watergate a contribution to the rout of the left? For a few years it aided the left, spreading doubt and hostility to the established order. I could swear the left was routed by Volcker and Reagan.

Doug