[lbo-talk] Christians are Kinky Too!!

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Wed Dec 1 10:32:40 PST 2004

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/nation/10197865.htm?1c

Christian School Principal Whips Up Controversy

By Robert Paul Reyes Dec. 1, 2004

You can't change some immutable facts of life: Dogs chase cats, salmon swim upstream and boys kiss girls.

Only evangelicals like Jerry Falwell in their zeal to appease their tribal deity attempt to curtail the implacable forces of nature. Telling kids to "just say no to sex" is like telling Oprah Winfrey not to pile up her plate with food at the buffet line.

Steve Unfreid, a principal at a Christian school, was fired for being voluntary whipped in front of two students. He asked a teacher to whip him in front of two male students in the schools' basement after the amorous boys were caught smooching girls in the locker room.

The freaky principal said his choice of discipline was inspired by the actions of Jesus christ. When I read the Gospel accounts of the life of Christ I'm inspired to support my local food bank, to donate to charities and to try to love my neighbor; I am not inspired to become a sado-masochist.

The pious principal said he contemplated about what punishment to mete out. He woke at 3 a.m. and prayed how to avoid expelling them.

Newsflash: Any idea conjured up at such an ungodly hour will most likely not pass the test of the light of day. I've woken up in the middle of the night with a great idea for writing the Great American Novel, but after I've had my first cup of coffee, I realize that a novel about Richard Simmons saving the world from alien invaders ain't going to fly.

Unfreid said that was when he remembered he had stopped his son from chronic lying by telling him to hit him with a wooden ladle instead of spanking the youngster. And so the principal asked a teacher to spank him in front of the students until they acknowledged their wayward ways.

Isn't it ironic that in an attempt to put an end to perfectly wholesome and natural behavior, that Unfreid engaged in what most evangelicals consider deviant and shameful behavior: sadomasochism?

About the author Robert Paul Reyes: I am a columnist for the Lynchburg Ledger.

Email: rreyes4966 at aol.com