[lbo-talk] Iraq, 9/11, Drugs, Cheney, H20GateII

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 1 14:39:12 PST 2004

A Post-Election Wrap-Up: Iraq, 9/11, Drugs, Cheney, and Watergate Two

Doug wrote: Couldn't he work the Kennedy assasination in there? ___________

- actually yes, see this excerpt from the PDS article:

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/postelection.html

An unnamed FBI agent quoted by Robert I. Friedman treated the Sheikh's visa as not a blunder, but part of a conscious policy:

"It was no accident that the sheikh got a visa and that he's still in the country," replied the agent, visibly upset. "He's here under the banner of national security, the State Department, the NSA [National Security Agency], and the CIA." The agent pointed out that the sheikh had been granted a tourist visa, and later a green card, despite the fact that he was on a State Department terrorist watch-list that should have barred him from the country. He's an untouchable, concluded the agent. "I haven't seen the lone-gunman theory advocated [so forcefully] since John F. Kennedy." [51]

Other such "untouchables" would appear to include

Ali Mohamed, released at FBI direction in 1993,

Mohammed Atta, "allowed back in the United States three times in 2001, in spite of the fact that he had let his visa expire in 2000," [52]

And possibly Mohammed Jamal Khalifa, Osama bin Laden's brother-in-law and financier of Yousef's Bojinka plot, who was first arrested in San Francisco and then, despite violent objections from some in FBI and CIA, deported to Jordan in 1995 (where he was later set free), [53]

And conceivably, Osama bin laden himself. According to the Washington Post, "a early as March 1996, the government of Sudan offered to extradite bin Laden to the United States. US officials turned down the offer, perhaps preferring to use him `as a combatant in an underground war.'" [54] I think we have here another explanation for the Justice and FBI cover-up of Bojinka Two in the 1990s, and the 9/11 Commission's perverse efforts in 2004 to claim that the 9/11 plot was only hatched in 1996 by Yousef's uncle Khalid Shaikh Mohammed (a member of the 1994 Bojinka plot). [55] For if the CIA was "partly culpable" for the 1993 WTC bombing, it is hard to see how they could be free of culpability for Yousef's continued plotting, which grew into 9/11.