[lbo-talk] The Right Not to Work: Power and Disability

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Thu Dec 2 16:28:42 PST 2004

Sunny is a young woman who probably can live off what she gets from SSI now. However, I don't think she will have this same POV in another 20 years of living in abject poverty. SSI income is below poverty, it varies from state to state, some states more punitive than others. It certainly is not a dignified life. The only people I know who do OK on SSI are people whose families will house them.

Marta

-- Marta Russell Los Angeles, CA http://www.martarussell.com/