[lbo-talk] Wal-Mart

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Fri Dec 3 09:49:13 PST 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yoshie Furuhashi" <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>

Quadruple the sum that I mention above, and organized labor can still easily afford it.

-----

We all agree money ain't the problem. Finding in-house organizers in for the long haul in instant-gratification USA will be.

Besides, cutting the working hours of organizers and other troublemakers is not a phenomenon unique to the logistics sector or Wal-Mart. All anti-union employers do this.

-----

I never asserted that it was. You really are addicted to point scoring aren't you?

The point is to attack the supply chain strategically -- it represents a much smaller number of workers than all Wal-Mart store clerks, and yet controlling it gives you more leverage than controlling all stores.

-----

Duh.

When you've worked to the point of exhaustion on an organizing drive that took over 5 years and millions of dollars for your employer to defeat -by running to the great protection racket we call the State- let me know.