[lbo-talk] Fox to provide news to Clear Channel stations

DSR debburz at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 11:16:47 PST 2004

Dec. 6, 2004, 10:24AM

Fox to provide news to Clear Channel stations Associated Press

SAN ANTONIO - Clear Channel Communications has picked Fox News Radio to be the primary source of national news for most of its news and talk stations, officials announced today.

The five-year agreement initially covers more than 100 radio stations.

Fox will provide a five-minute top-of-the-hour newscast, a nightly news broadcast, and around-the-clock dedicated national news coverage. In return, Fox News Radio will have access to news produced by San Antonio-based Clear Channel's news network.

"Working this closely with a premier national news provider for the majority of our news/talk stations makes overwhelming sense," said John Hogan, chief executive officer of Clear Channel Radio. "Because of the breadth of this relationship, our local news directors will get a more customized and higher quality national news product -- and that's great for listeners."

Clear Channel has been getting its national news feeds from a variety of providers.

Fox, a unit of News Corporation, says if all options in the agreement are exercised, its radio service could have more than 500 affiliates by the middle of next year.