[lbo-talk] All the complaints to the FCC come from one group!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Dec 8 09:28:41 PST 2004

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

>Do not forget that the US and its institutions are a street with the right
>turns only. No left turns are permitted.

In the last week or so in New York State, thanks largely to organizing by the Working Families Party, the legislature (one of the worst in the country, by general agreement): 1) overrode the governor's veto of a $2 increase in the state minimum wage, and 2) significantly reduced the draconian drug sentences dating from the Rockefeller yaers, which had been the most savage in the U.S. I'd been skeptical about the WFP, but I gotta say these are major victories that will make a real difference in lots of lives. And they are left turns.

Doug