[lbo-talk] Bush debuts new playtime army jacket

T Fast tfast at yorku.ca
Wed Dec 8 15:23:48 PST 2004

But in the past
> it seemed when we [the US public] would see other
> countries' leaders going around in Army outfits, we
> saw it as being an absurd display of bravura--if not a
> sign of their relative, Banana Republic barbarism.

News Flash: From the outside America has been lookng like a Banana Republic for a while. The difference being is that it is an internal as opposed to external ruling calss that is pulling the strings which make the Banana dance.

As for barbarism dont even get me started. At least Castro wore his fatigues during his own participation in the liberation of his country.

Travis