[lbo-talk] A quote I just can't source

Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org
Fri Dec 10 14:28:54 PST 2004

P. 60 Trumpet to Arms

= = =

"The underground press," UPS coordinator Tom Forcade wrote, "is crouched like a Panther, dollars and days away from daily publication and thus total domination in the print media. After the underground press goes daily, they'll die like flies."

= = =

May be from UPS founding statement, but may not be, this is one of those books without proper footnotes.

Typical Forcade. I was on the board of directors of the Underground Press Syndicate, and Tom could spin a line. On the other hand, it was always fun.

Chip Berlet Senior Analyst

Political Research Associates 1310 Broadway, Suite 201 Somerville, MA 02144-1731

617.666.5300 voice 617.666.6622 fax http://www.publiceye.org