[lbo-talk] Re: Diet Pills = Gay Babies

Brian Charles Dauth magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Fri Dec 10 18:39:12 PST 2004

Dear List:

Ravi wrote:

> thus confirming the common suspicion (hence queer eye for
the straight guy!) that straight men are more nauseating than gay men ;-).

Or as TJ said: the new complaint will be " Mom, couldn't you have dealt with being fat and pretended you were nauseous?"

Miles writes:

> This is wild extrapolation from correlational data!

And this is holiday homophbia as only Miles can serve. Why don't you wait and read the entire article once it is published and then critique it. Or is it the season to hate as well as mail early?

Can you ever not attack something I post about queers?

> . . . a correlation between drug use during pregnancy and
sexual orientation of offspring is ludricious evidence for the claim that "sexuality is determined in the womb".

Why? Because you say so? You use the same technique as reparation therapists: can't argue the data, so you attack the approach. Either way, anything to denigrate queers.

What is so threatening about queerness being biological?

> The question the researchers here are dodging: what other
social, psychological, and cultural factors distinguish the drug moms from the nondrug moms?

Since they didn't ask the questions you would have, they must be wrong. Maybe all researchers should check with you before they do their experiments.

fs writes:

> i think jesus and moses were gay lovers

Jesus wasn't into older men. He liked young rough trade fisherman. Can you blame him?

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister